Do-it-yourself projects are in vogue these days. You can find advice online for everything from investing in crypto-currency to tearing down the living room wall. When considering the cost of moving, it’s natural to wonder if real estate commissions are one way to save money, but it would be a mistake. A good real estate agent might make it seem easy, but the fact is that selling your own home could actually cost you thousands of dollars.
5 Reasons You Shouldn’t Sell Your Home without an Agent
1. The Safety of Your Home and Family is a Priority – Real Estate agents control access to your home. When I put a lockbox on I know who is at your home and when.
2. Most Serious Buyers Start their Search Online – As a professional listing agent I will market your home aggressively online, which is where the buyers are searching.
3. The Buyer Might not be Qualified – A real estate agent knows how to qualify a buyer and what to look for with lender letters. Selling your home on your own risks wasted time with an unqualified buyer. I also know the local agents and who are good to work with for a smooth transaction.
4. You Don’t Know How to Negotiate Properly – Every aspect of a real estate transaction is negotiable; you don’t have the experience to know what to negotiate to get the best deal. Negotiation starts with the first appointment to show your home and then every other detail along the way even if you have some business negotiation skills you may not be able to navigate the whole process.
5. You Could Expose Yourself to Liability – Required disclosures and paperwork for a home sale is extensive; unless you plan to use an attorney, you could miss critical disclosures and expose yourself to financial harm. Finally, more often than not, sellers net more when they use an agent than when they try to do it themselves. In addition to selling faster, as a professional agent I knows how to properly guide you in pricing the home. I promote your home, and ensure you get the highest possible sales price and terms.
And if you are thinking of selling I always remind my sellers it is time or money do you want to be on the market for a long time or a short time, pricing is important. And do you want to sell it but need a bit of time to figure out your next move. That is okay but that costs money this is also something I can help you with!